Friday, January 31, 2014

Paljor Stadium to host 2nd Division I-League from 07-15 Feb

GANGTOK, 30 Jan: Gangtok will once again serve as one of the venues for the qualifying round of 2nd Division I-League this year. The qualifying matches of the second division I-League are scheduled to be played here at Paljor Stadium from 07 to 15 February. The other venue for the qualifying round of 2nd Division I-League this year is Dhanbad in Jharkhand.
Sikkim Football Association [SFA] president, BK Roka highlighted that this was a good opportunity for Sikkim and Sikkim football. He informed that five teams will take each other on in the qualifying round here at Paljor Stadium. These five teams are Bhawanipore FC [Kolkata], Aizwal FC, Eagle FC [Kerala], Kenkre FC [Mumbai] and Hindustan FC [Delhi].
The top two teams each from Gangtok and Dhanbad venues will advance to the final round of the 2nd Division I-League. Since the home team United Sikkim Football Club played in the I-League senior division last season, they do not have to play the qualifying rounds and are already in the final round of the 2nd division I-League.
The SFA president has invited everyone to the I-League matches and cheer for their respective favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers are invited to comment on, criticise, run down, even appreciate if they like something in this blog. Comments carrying abusive/ indecorous language and personal attacks, except when against the people working on this blog, will be deleted. It will be exciting for all to enjoy some earnest debates on this blog...